Sunday, March 4, 2012

Good things come to those who wait...

I just didn't know I would have to wait for so LONG!! But it finally happened I got a job!  It isn't for the federal agency that jerked me around forever but instead for a non profit foundation.  I couldn't be happier.  I am so excited!  Thus all the !!!!!!  I am no longer going to be having my midlife crisis working as a classroom aide.  I will be back working as a mom in the legal profession very soon.  I start next Monday.  I don't really feel the need to give notice per se at the school because they aren't going to hire another person. They will just call a sub and also it's not as though I need to train anyone the subs do just fine.  There lies my dilemma do I just call and tell them? or do I go to work for one more day to tell them, say goodbye and cuddle with the kids for one last day?  I haven't decided......

It's very tempting just to take the whole week off.  Monkey is off for 3 days, Monday, Thursday AND Friday, some faculty retreat then a training or something.  I have a lot to do, haircut, a few new clothes, cleaning the house (which I have seriously neglected due to job search depression)  also I think I'm going to take an online course through NALA.  It's a recorded, go through at your own pace online course in contracts.  I will be doing a lot of contract work at my new job and I am really nervous.  I got a huge salary bump in addition to getting to work for a great foundation.  I am scared that I am not going to prove worthy.

My anxiety issues are already rearing their ugly head.  Maybe I just snowed them in the interview and they think I know a lot more than I really do, that kind of thing.  Uggh I can be my own worst enemy.

When I was waiting to hear if I got the job I did a lot of praying.  I'm not particularly religious but I do believe in a higher power.  I have never really prayed before, not seriously but I did and it really helped to clam my nerves that coupled with xanax.  Now I have a lot of promises to make good on.  Mostly I prayed about being a better person.  Taking this job is a way for me to do good for both the world (they have a global impact) and good for my family (it's a good career move).  I promised to have a more positive attitude and appreciate what I have.  I am excited to have this fresh start.  There are some really brilliant people at my new job and I am going to go in and do my best, work hard, smile more, talk to everyone (I can be shy), and not get involved in negativity or workplace drama. Those are some lofty goals but getting this job was seriously like scoring on a Hail Mary pass.

I still a bit hung over, celebration margarita pitchers (I didn't know they came in pitchers) with some friends last night so 8 days until new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!