Saturday, March 17, 2012

First week

I am simultaneously loving it and in a constant state of terror.  I have never been this on my own before.  It's a new position so work is slow to trickle in, (which is good!) because otherwise I might have a heart attack.  I have always had an attorney or senior paralegal 5 to 10 feet from me that I could run to if I needed but here it's largely just me.  My boss is a senior executive and crazy busy so I feel like I am there to make his life easier not run in asking questions every 5 minutes.

I need to trust myself more I have 5 years of paralegal experience and umm (*cough*) one semester of law school.  I can do this.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.........

The good -  A fun office, fun inspiring work going on, and room to take the job and make it my own.  The bad -  It's a long drive and a lot of time away from home.  Once again I begin my eternal quest for balance between work and mommy. 

No comments: